The past is an interesting thing. It can haunt, shape, destroy, or even elude you. For example, check out this interesting photo.
The above photo, circa 1971, is something I never knew existed until yesterday when it showed up on Face Book. That’s me on the left (they say) at age 3-ish, and my ever sneering brother, he’d be about 6 there.
I don’t remember a great deal about my child hood, for good reason. But some things a kid should remember. For example, this next photo of Mom, taken on the same day as the above photo.
Had I not been told this was Mom, I wouldn’t have known it was her. I have no recollection of her every looking like this. Although that harsh look in her eyes…that I remember.
I certainly have no recollection of her ever acting like this.
Yes sir, Face Book is an interesting place to find yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment