Seriously, who can resist French toast? And if you can make enough at one time to feed everyone without going in shifts, even better! So here is a totally awesome recipe to get your Sunday off to a WONDERFUL start.
1 whole loaf of bread
1 dozen eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
4 cups of milk
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup walnuts, or other desired nuts (optional)
Grease the inside of your crockpot (5 or 6 quart size) very well with butter, shortening, or cooking spray. Slice your bread into large slices (if it's already sliced, just dump it in) and place the bread into the crockpot.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla together. Pour on top of the bread.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
3 comments:
WHAT?! I can't believe I've never known this recipe...my preggers tummy says "thank you o' wise holder of this information!"
OOOhhhh...I like that title! Hope you enjoy the french toast!
sounds YUMMY, next time the kids come home I'm gonnna try it. Syrup drizzle?
Post a Comment