It’s early September, and fall is definitely in the air. Or at least it’s in my yard and house! Olivia’s baseball coach brought me 3 BUSHELS of apples….yeah, bushels.
I’m making apple pies, apple sauce, apple butter. If you’re in the state and need apples, drop by, I got you covered!
If you happen to have an over abundance of freebie apples, you may want to try this recipe for apple butter.
Fill a 5-quart crockpot with diced apples. Then add:
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. cloves (crushed, not whole)
3/4 cup water
dash of salt.Mix all ingredients and cook overnight (or longer) on low. Continue to cook until apples turn to mush and reach the desired consistency.
We bought our first load of firewood for the winter. The girls and I made quick work of getting this stacked and under cover. Regular little pioneers we are!
Finally, the mums are blooming! Yeah, I know purple doesn’t make one think of autumn….but I love purple, and it’s my garden. And yeah, my yellow mums died so this is all I have for now, k?
No comments:
Post a Comment