Thursday, June 12, 2014

Reclaiming Our Home–The Living Room

As I wrote a few weeks back, it was time for us to start Reclaiming Our Home. It’s funny how that one simple decision has made such an impact.   I’m more excited about our home than I have been in years, I’m more active and more sore than I thought imaginable….and a carpal tunnel flair up is not fun, but it’s worth it.

This week I tackled the living room.   You may recall is was solid white walls, like this.

011

Day one:  Painting the three light brown walls. 

004

Day two:  Painting the contrast wall.

012

Day three:  Painting all that gosh awful trim and doors!  At the end of the hallway there are 3 bedroom doors, 1 bathroom door, 1 basement door and 1 linen closet door. Not to mention the 3 doors in the living room.  I officially HATE painting doors.

019

Day four:  Accessorizing and organizing.

023

The final product….

004

028

029

025

I still need to add some pops of color with a couple of throw pillows and flower arrangements, but overall I’m REALLY happy with the way it turned out.   It looks better in real life.

Now on to the kitchen!

No comments: