Saturday, June 7, 2014

The Strength of Joy

If you’ve been around church any amount of time, you’ve heard someone quote the second half of Nehemiah 8:10 The joy of the Lord is your strength.

I’ve heard lots of sermons on the topic.   The best sermons being on the differences between being happy and having joy. It’s truly important to know those differences!  Yet sometimes I just don’t feel joy…and sometimes I don’t necessarily feel strong.

This past week though, I heard my new pastor say something that was like a little light bulb moment.

He said that when all heck is breaking loose in your life and things seem to be out of control, but YET you trust in God despite how it looks, it is then that you are showing the strength that comes from the joy of knowing God is in control.

Now maybe to you that doesn’t say or mean anything.  But to me, it was an AHA! moment.

No comments: