Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Long Live the Crockpot

My husband works 2nd shift, so we eat our big family meal at lunchtime.  Unfortunately that means we have to stop in the middle of school work for me to cook a meal, eat, and clean up.  The easiest way to get a wholesome meal ready, with the least amount of disruption to our school day, is to use the crockpot for soups, chili or baked macaroni.

If I know we’ll be leaving the house early, and gone all day, I’ll put out the crockpot at bedtime and pop a breakfast meal in.  A long day out of the house goes so much better with a real meal in the tummy.

Sundays, are another day that can be a challenge for meal time.  By the time we get home from church everyone’s starving.  I typically put dinner (or a large portion of it) in the the crockpot when I first get up on Sunday morning.  This makes my Sunday a lot more restful, and a lot less stressful.

Here is a listing a few of my favorite crockpot recipes.

Roast Beef

Whole Chicken

French Toast

Breakfast Casserole

Linking up to What Works Wednesday.

2 comments:

Heather Upside Down Homeschooling said...

Oh, Josette! Thank you for this list of recipes. I also work 2nd shift, so we have our big meal at lunch, but it's difficult to pull off when my husband is in class until noon and I'm trying to do school with our girls in the morning!

Joesette said...

So glad you can use these recipes. I'll be posting a couple of new ones soon, so be sure to check back.