Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving Memories

Thanksgiving has come and gone, the “Today I’m thankful for….” posts on Facebook have dwindled as people rush on to their next holiday event and other than left over turkey, it’s all very anti-climatic.

I thought I’d share a few photos from our family get together.  So here’s a nice introduction….

”Readers, meet the family.   Family, don’t get mad that your photo is on my blog.”

My girls and my niece Harlie are loads of fun.   Lots of giggles and dancing happen when these three get together.

Thanksgiving 2013 005

Next comes my baby brother, Shannon, I use the term “baby” loosely as he’s not a baby…and at 6ft. 9 inches, he’s not really little either.

Thanksgiving 2013 004

Here is my sister-in-law, Amy.  She’s married to Shannon, and like me she takes photos all the time.   We’re taking a photo of each other taking a photo…because we’re dorks.

Thanksgiving 2013 007

This is my older brother Nelson.   He likes having his photo taken even less that little brother.

Thanksgiving 2013 003

Here’s Mary.   She’s the biological mother of me and the boys.  She despises having her photo taken and would choke me if she knew this was here….and if you tell her I will give you SUCH A PINCH.

Thanksgiving 2013 006

Last but not least is Momma.  She’s the mother to Mary (above) and raised Nelson and I.   She’s not doing so well these days.  Alzheimer’s has taken it’s toll on her.

Thanksgiving 2013 010

I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving with family and friends.  Be sure to slow down and enjoy the little things.  It could all be so very different this time next year.

No comments: