Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Thousand Mile Journey

Well it’s been exactly 7 days since Facing My Giants.  What has happened in those seven days?

I’ve started getting up every morning and going for a one hour walk with my oldest daughter.  We walk, chat and then come home and have breakfast together before starting our school day.

I’ve started putting on makeup every day, and I’ve even painted my nails twice.

I’ve started drinking at least 100 oz. of water a day.  Which means I’ve made at least 25 trips a day to the restroom.

I’ve started buying fresh fruits and veggies, and actually eating them.  To my amazement the girls sent me to the store today because we were out of apples, bananas and pomegranates. 

I’ve been labeled a “dork fish” by my 7 year old for being too silly.

What haven’t I done?

I haven’t gone on an eating binge, not one single time!

I haven’t had any fast food!

I haven’t even had any candy, except for a couple of marshmallows, but NO chocolate.  (The end truly is near.)

I haven’t had one explosion or rage.   (Although, to be honest it took some major effort on Wednesday.  Parents who refuse to be parents should refuse to reproduce children who are being groomed for a life in prison….but that’s another post.)

What does this mean?

It means I had a good week, and I made progress.  Does it mean I’m giant free?  Hardly.

Does is mean I’m back in the battle?  You betchya!

1 comment:

Chef Penny said...

Fantastic! Facing those giants is half the battle! The end will be near if I give up chocolate.