Friday, January 25, 2013

Baby It’s Cold Outside!

It has been frigid here all week!  Nightly temperatures are in the single digits, daily temperatures are in the teens.  The wind is where the real issue comes from, it just cuts right through you!   I had to ditch my walk on Tuesday, as the morning temps were still in the single digits and the wind was wicked.  Frostbite was not on my agenda.   My water bottle froze as I walked on Thursday (which I was carrying it).   The dog has been happy though, he sleeps inside when it’s cold, and he gets to snuggle with his Snoopy.

036

I’m continuing to eat better, exercise more and drink plenty of water.   Although I realized I was drinking too much and starting to have issues, so I’m down to about 50 ounces a day and that seems to work for me.   My hard work is starting to pay off.  This morning I was able to put on (and WEAR) a pair of jeans that I couldn’t get on at the beginning of the month.

Keeping with my new healthy eating, I changed my zucchini bread recipe and replaced the 1 cup of oil with 1 cup of applesauce and used whole wheat flour.  It was by far the best loaf I’ve ever made! Here’s the original recipe...but try it with the applesauce!

Zucchini Bread

2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups grated zucchini
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs beaten
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 300. Sift together flour, soda, salt, powder and cinnamon; set aside. Blend eggs, sugar, vanilla and oil together. Slowly add flour mixture and mix well. Stir in zucchini and nuts and mix well.

Divide evenly in 2 greased and floured bread pans. Bake for 1 hour (test with toothpick.)

No comments: