Why Project HOPEFUL Awassa?
In working with Project HOPEFUL’s FIG (Family in the Gap) program we have a sponsorship style program that provides the following for sponsored children- some of which live at Ajuuja while others live alone or with family in the community near Ajuuja:
- clothing and shoes two times a year
- medical checkup twice a year and medication in the case of sickness
- basic hygiene materials three times a year
- food support (formula/milk for children in the center and wheat for children in the community)
- all the necessary school supplies twice a year with school uniform and back bag once a year
- annual recreational trip around Awassa
- annual get together at Ajuuja Center
- sporting goods like balls, soccer shoe and jerseys
- regular prayer with men of God invited from different churches at Awassa
- Christmas and Easter celebrations with staff at Ajuuja and invited guests from the community
We are thankful for the work that Project HOPEFUL does and consider it a privilege to join the effort. We know that God loves the Awassa children more than we can even comprehend and pray that our efforts will bring glory to His name as we heed His call to bring help to widows and orphans.
In your role as FIG advocate you agree to:
- commit to praying regularly for “your” child or family
- financially support for $30 per month
There are many other ways to support our Awassa Initiative:
- You can give one time donations to our general fund to help fund special needs and things that sponsorship may not cover.
- You can be a monthly giver of any amount to help fund projects and children who do not have a FIG yet. Every single dollar helps.
- A goat or sheep can be provided for a family to provide meat or income from their offspring for $45 each.
We will also have income generating projects and skill training to help people achieve independence. You could help a family start their own business (tailored to what that family could realistically do in their area and ability.) Contact us if you or your business would like to be a business backer for a family in the community.
Here are a few of the children that YOU could make part of your family!
(if the slide show doesn’t show up head over to this link: https://picasaweb.google.com/105253626628862918579/ChildrenNeedingFigs?authuser=0&feat=directlink)
To contact us with questions or to set up a FIG sponsorship email us firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also join us at facebook at and see live updates and pictures:
To donate go here: http://www.projecthopeful.org/donate?view=donation
Make sure to select FIG Awassa Ethiopia Initiative in the campaign box!
Thank you for your love of the orphan!
Greg and Charisa Knight