Friday, May 11, 2012

The Monsoons Have Ended

The last two weeks have been very rainy.  Daily downpours have cancelled ball games, make up games and team photos for Lindsey’s baseball team.   The rains have also hampered my attempts to get more gardening underway.  Thankfully, the perennials are liking the weather and doing well.

Here is my “cool weather crop garden”.  It houses onions, beets, lettuces, collard greens, cabbages, eggplant and carrots.  “Something” is enjoying the collards and cabbages since it’s been to wet to get the pest control applied.

037

The potatoes are doing well.   This is our first year of planting potatoes, and we decided to go with pots to save on garden space.

036

My peonies, red hot pokers, roses, columbine and primrose are flourishing!

040041

039

048

046

033

042

043

Due to the dogs love of all things green, I had to move the herb garden from the back patio to the front porch.  The sage, oregano and purple basil are doing well.  Feverfew took over one of the back gardens, so I ended up giving plants away to 9 different people and I STILL have too much!  Most of my mint died over the winter.  However one of the feverfew recipients brought me some apple mint and it’s doing great!

050

054055

052

And last but not least, I’m loving my black pansies!!  Aren’t they the coolest things? And they only cost me 42 cents!!

058

Lastly, here is a little reminder from my garden….

056

No comments: