Friday, September 16, 2011

Biggest Loser–Week 1 Weigh In

Some gals (and a guy or two) in town decided to start a 12 week Biggest Loser challenge and asked me to join in.   I tend to do better when I’m competing so I said yes.

The initial weigh in was September 9 and we’ll go for 12 weeks, ending on December 2.  Besides losing weight, there is a monetary motivator.  Each person pays $10 to participate (there are 20 participants I believe).   If you lose weight or stay the same you’re good.  If you gain weight there is a $5 penalty to pay for that week.   The winner at the end gets all the cash!  This has the potential for making some nice Christmas money for someone!

This week I’ve done well.  The girls and I have gone for a 45 minute walk each morning.  I took Olivia to the tennis court early in the week to teach her some basics.  I’ve had no soda or sweet tea this week and I don’t think any chocolate either.  So if you notice I bark at anyone it’s the lack of caffeine and sugar speaking, really it is.

The results?  A loss of 1.8 pounds for this week!  It’s a slow start, but at least I’m moving in the right direction.  Hopefully, someday I’ll be back to my marathon running self of days gone by.

1 comment:

Sheri Salatin said...

Great start. :) I'm the opposite in that I have to do everything I can to keep weight on. Most folks say they would rather have my problem, but I think it's just as hard as losing would be.

By the way, I just awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award on my blog today. :) http://www.sherisalatin.com to claim it. Congratulations! :)