Monday, August 9, 2010

Small Steps

These past few months have been a time of purging for me.  I’ve been cutting strings on a lot of obligations and “good things” that have become burdens and time suckers in an endeavor to focus more on the God things.

I’ve freed up a lot of chunks of time in our weekly calendar.  I’m hoping to get a fixed routine set by the end of August when baseball season is wrapping up and the normal fall/winter scheduled is starting.  

One of the things I want to focus on is myself, not in a selfish way, necessarily.   However, in my last almost 10 years as a wife, mom, homemaker, homeschooler, co-op teacher, Sunday school teacher, and church worker I’ve let myself go, ALOT.

My weight being the biggest (or at least most noticeable) part of that neglect.  So as of last week I decided it’s time to take care of me.  Unfortunately, I’m currently hampered in any exercise attempt due to some serious foot issues in my right foot.  I have a doctor appointment with a 2nd doctor tomorrow to see if we can get a clear picture of what is going on there.

I did take some small steps this week though.  I cut out all drinks with the exception of water and a morning cup of coffee.  Sweet tea has been kicked to the curb, at least for now.   I didn’t do any “I’m bored out of my mind” binge eating at night. 

So my baby steps for this week paid off with a small weight loss, 3 pounds!   It could have been better, or worse, but it is what it is, and it was a small step in the right direction.

Visit the Weekly Weigh In over at Eclipsed to cheer on others in their weight loss endeavors.

3 comments:

Donna said...

You can do it!

And yes....baby steps are the way to go!

Mama Fish said...

Great job! Way better than my 1/2 a pound!

Jolanthe said...

Go girl!!! I'm cutting out stuff in our schedule too...and my eating schedule. REALLY need to add exercise back in to the routine {ugh}.