Monday, November 23, 2009

Weight Loss

My weight is something that has gotten out of control, and I've ignored it, along with so many other things that are ME related. One thing that I found interesting was that recently, God has pointed out to me that Jesus had paid a VERY high price for me, but yet I wasn't placing any value on myself. So I've been re-evaluating things, trying to take better care of myself. Last week, I got a hair cut!! That may be no big deal to you, but to someone who hasn't had a hair cut in over a year, it was pretty important!

Have you ever noticed how when God starts dealing with you on things, He arranges divine connections for you? One of my absolute FAVORITE homeschool bloggers is Kris at Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers. I love her humor, her style and her realness. This morning on her blog, she posted a big announcement, that she's starting a new blog entitled Eclipsed: Escaping the Shadow of Obesity

I'm super excited to have someone I "know" walking this path with me...even if only by cyber-world.

4 comments:

Weird Unsocialized Mom said...

I think we have a lot more in common than I realized. I got at least six months, if not longer, between hair cuts because I just never take that time for me. I have no clothes because I don't like the way they look on me and I don't feel like I'm worth buying clothes for.

We're going to do this thing and we're going to change our perception of ourselves!

Anonymous said...

Is this realted in any way to the cookies from the last post???-from Amy

Joesette said...

I've been wondering if anyone would notice that this post followed the cookie post...and of course my dear friend Amy (always supportive she is) points it out. HA@

first things first said...

Good for you! I waited until my boys were 7 and 9 to start working out. While they were little, survial did not include such a thing! I also get my haircut almost monthly and highlights every three months. And, get this...PEDICURES!! I feel pretty guilty almost every time I go (about once every 6-8 weeks), but then I reason all the other ways I stretch the dollar and decide it's worth it. We must take care of ourselves! It's good to feel "girly" too! I've had a lot fun with all the jewelry I have collected since I signed up with Premier. Moms are LADIES! We should treat ourselves from time to time!