Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Discovery of BOYS!

My four year old came home from Awana last night, totally ecstatic. I thought for sure there had been some totally stellar Bible lesson that had impacted her for the rest of her life. Negative.

She had discovered a new blond haired little boy, who must be quite dreamy as far as preschool boys go. Lindsey was telling me all about him, because "he's SO nice mom" (shudder). Oh, really? And what is this boy's name? No clue "but he is SO nice mom" she repeated with little hearts floating all around as she spoke (gag). How old is he? No clue to that either, but guess what? "he's SO nice mom!". Yeah, I believe we covered that already dear.

I changed my questioning. So, what makes him so nice? "he stood beside of me...and TOUCHED MY ARM". Oh dear, this IS serious, I'll order the wedding cake.

Fast forward to this morning at about 7:30am. My poor husband was sleeping soundly (he works night shift); when he was awakened by the creepy feeling that someone was watching him closely. So picture it, if you will. Bleary eyed husband, with Lindsey's face only inches from him "Dad....I met a boy, and he's SO NICE! He has blond hair and, he's SO NICE!"

I believe his words were "OH DEAR LORD", right before he covered his head with the pillow.

1 comment:

first things first said...

Oh me oh my!! Good luck, mama!!