Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sweet Potato Fries

I love sweet potatoes, and they are super good for you. Of course, by the time you put butter, brown sugar, marshmallows and all the other "normal" things onto them, you've ruined the nutrition factor (but not the taste factor).

I recently stumbled across a new way of fixing sweet potatoes that is oh-so-yummy!! It sounds a bit odd, and I'll admit I had my doubts but I was really pleasantly surprised. This has become one of our favorite quick side dishes.

Take a large sweet potato, peel it and slice it into "fry" size strips. Drizzle with olive oil, toss well to coat and then spread on a foil lined baking sheet. Then, the secret ingredient....drum roll....Old Bay Seasoning! Sprinkle Old Bay over the tops of your fries as heavily or lightly as you'd like. Then bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or so (depending on the way you cut them). If you want your sweet potatoes more tender, midway through the cooking time you can pull the tinfoil up into a little packet and let the potatoes steam a bit.

VERY yummy!! Give it a try!

No comments: