Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'm Still Here!

I know it's been a few days since my last post. I was suddenly overtaken by life.

My best friend has had health issues on an off for the last 3 weeks, including a trip to the ER, several fainting episodes and lots of blood work. It seems that being on blood pressure meds can REALLY deplete your potassium levels; which in turn can cause really bad things in your body. She's had a couple of good days back to back now, and the doctors are thinking her meds are getting everything back to normal.

My brother had all the symptoms of a heart attack yesterday. I spent the day transporting him to and from the ER. Although he had all the classic symptoms - chest pain, arm numbness, shortness of breath, weakness and nausea - they EKG and chest x-rays show no damage. So they sent him home with a prescription for nitroglycerin to carry with him in case he needed it later.

So having said all of that, I have not forsaken my blog...it just fell on the back burner for a bit. I'll try to be more diligent (I HOPE). It's amazing how much a day like yesterday can just flat wear you out!!

No comments: