Friday, July 24, 2009

I'm Unemployed?

I haven't had a "full time job" in 6 years; with the exception of the 6 week period after Thomas had a heart attack and he couldn't work. By "full time job" I mean one that produces a paycheck at the end of the pay cycle.

My friend Amy (everyone wave and say "HI AMY!") is married, and works two part time jobs. She hasn't been blessed with children yet (although I think its about to overtake her as opposed to sneak up on her). On occasion, Amy jokingly says (you ARE joking, right?) "what do you do all day?" or "we all know you don't do anything all day".

SO....here is a recap of today in no particular order:
-Fixed breakfast
-Washed Dishes
-Purged the kids toys, sorted the toys to keep and gave them specific areas to be returned to.
-Explained new rule about losing toys that you don't put away.
-Washed, folded and PUT AWAY 3 loads of laundry.
-Cleaned the entire house
-mopped all the hardwood floors (with a real mop, not a swiffer)
-vacuumed all the carpet areas
- scrubbed both bathrooms
-dusted
-cleaned doors/windows/mirrors
-watered all indoor plants
-Explained new rule about toys again...
-Harvested several eggplant, peppers, zucchini and tomatoes
-Fixed eggplant Parmesan and a salad for dinner (mmmmmmmmmmmmm)
-Washed dishes
-Fixed stuffed peppers for tomorrow's dinner (bleck...I HATE peppers, hubby loves them)
-Washed dishes
-School with the kids (you do know we homeschool, right?)
-Started cutting out parts for a lapbook for Lindsey for next week's lessons.
-Weeded 3 of the flower beds
-Watered all the gardens

It seems as though I'm forgetting something on the list. But anyway, that's the jist of my day. I think it's safe to say I'm not eating bonbons by the pool while watching the pool boy flex his biceps. You'd think I would be a lot thinner, woundn't you??

Oh...and of course I did spend time with the husband and kids. The girls are quite the little helpers. Although, for obvious reasons they were shuffled out back to play while the purging and organizing of toys took place. I have to make a trip to Goodwill this week!

See Amy, I really don't DO anything all day.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Sounds like a piece of cake to me, no work at all! ;)