Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Fundraising–How We Roll

This past weekend I had the opportunity to help host a bake sale and burger/hot dog stand for a fundraiser for my upcoming trip to Ethiopia.   There was a pile of prep work (baking, getting supplies etc.)

My girls were great little helpers, especially with the baking.  Although, we don’t just “bake”…we bake in character.   Laura Ingalls and Wichita Slim made the pink lemonade cookies. In all we made 110 bags of cookies to sell.

054

055

Then we (and the other gals from the team) spent several, 9 hour days, in this lovely little hot dog stand.   Memorial Day weekend is not supposed to have frost…it did though, and we almost froze!

061

We had a lot of support, and sold a gazillion dogs and burgers.   Well maybe not a gazillion, but we sold a lot.

Friday I’ll be setting up camp at a used curriculum sale, all proceeds of my sales will the be going to my trip.  Not to mention to several hundred dollars in books I’m mailing out on Monday!

So if you’ve wondered, yes, I’m busting my butt raising funds for my trip.   I still haven’t met my needed goal, but I’m working on it.  So if you are still thinking “Should I donate to this trip?”…the answer is YES!!

You can make a tax deductible donation via PayPal, simply by clicking here.

If you have already made a donation, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!

No comments: