Thursday, February 28, 2013

Another Month Gone By

Here I am at the end of month 2 of my new and improved healthy lifestyle.  My goal is to lose 10 pounds each month.  I met that goal in January, on the nose.   However February wasn’t as successful, I only lost 5.  However, that still gives me a total of 15 pounds of flubber gone, so that’s not too bad.

A couple of things affected this months weight loss.  First off it’s a shorter month, so I had 3 less days to work with.  The other biggest issue was lack of exercise for a seven day period  Bad weather, outside commitments and taking care of a sick kid just sucked that week right up.  Thankfully I didn’t catch the bug, but it knocked me out of going for my walks.

Interestingly enough, I noticed that as the exercise slacked up, the food cravings started to rear up pretty quickly.  The difference was this time I didn’t go into binge eating mode.  Admittedly however I did have a handful of Hershey’s Kisses on more than one occasion.

It felt really good to get back out into the cold, brisk air this morning on my walk.  The walks had gotten a been mundane right before my week off.  So I think the timing was good, to get a break.  Of course we’ll be heading into spring soon (I hope) and then all the prettiness of springtime will paint my morning walks and make it far more enjoyable.

Although I didn’t get exactly where I wanted to be this month, I’m not back where I was.  I’m good with that.

No comments: