Sunday, December 30, 2012

Experience

My best friend Donna always picks a word for the new year, it’s something she wants to be her motto, or goal.  I’ve always thought it sounded like a good idea, but had never actually taken the time to do it, but that’s all about to change.

My word for 2013 is Experience.  There are so many things I feel like I go through the motions on, or have never even had the opportunity to try or do.  So this will be the year to step out.

The word experience doesn’t sound all that exciting, until you look at the meaning, the synonyms and of course the antonyms that I don’t want to be like.   Interestingly enough on all those spiritual gifting tests I take, I always score highly on wisdom and knowledge.   I didn’t realize experience would be connected with those words, but yet there they are.   I thought the idiom was pretty interesting as well…

(noun)

1. something lived through
2. observation of events as they occur
3. knowledge gained from such things

(idioms)

1. to undergo a spiritual conversion by which one gains or regains faith in God

(synonyms)

1. adventure
2. action
3. affair
4. encounter
5. understanding
6. wisdom
7. understanding

(antonyms)

1. ignorance
2. immaturity
3. avoidance
4. inactivity
5. passiveness

Here’s to a year full of life’s experiences in 2013!!

No comments: