Sunday, November 6, 2011

Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes

Thanksgiving is coming up fast, so I thought I’d share a few of my favorite recipes.  These are actual recipes that I use regularly, and that my family loves.   I know there are a lot of carbs here, but I don’t fix all four things each Thanksgiving (some wait until Christmas…or are added to stretch the leftovers a bit longer).

Dressing Balls:

1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup of butter
16 oz. Pepperidge Farms Herb Stuffing Cubes
1 tsp. salt
3 eggs, beaten
broth or water

Cook onion and celery in butter until Tender.  Combine all ingredients and mix well.  Add enough broth/water to make moist (enough that it holds its shape, but not soggy).

Shape into balls and bake at 375 for 25 minutes or until crisp on the outside.

Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes:

5 lbs. potatoes
1 tbs. garlic
3 cubes chicken bullion
1 8oz. package cream cheese
1 8 oz. sour cream
1/2 cup butter
salt to taste

Peel and boil potatoes, garlic and bullion cubes until potatoes are done.   Drain well, blend in sour cream and cream cheese.  Put in crock pot on low for 2-3 hours.  Stir in butter just before serving.

Baked Macaroni and Cheese:

2 tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
8 crackers crushed
2 cups shredded cheddar
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk

Cook macaroni in salted water, drain well.  Grease 8X8 baking dish with butter.   Combine macaroni, butter, cheese and cracker and place in baking dish.  Combine milk and eggs and pour over top of macaroni (do not stir).  Top with additional cheese.  Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.

Corn Pudding:

1 can creamed corn
1 can whole corn
8 oz. sour cream
1 small box Jiffy corn bread mix.
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs

Combine all ingredients and mix well.   Pour in a  buttered 9X13 baking dish.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes (or until set in the middle).

1 comment:

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

I am stopping over from the Homeschool Blog Awards - saw your nominations and wanted to check out some new blogs =-) These recipes look delicious! If you have an Christmas baking coming up I'd love for you to link it up to my Holiday Baking Linky - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/2011/11/holiday-traditions-3christmas-cookies.html - I am your newest follower. I'd love for you to follow me back, if you want to!
Beth