Friday, October 7, 2011

The Biggest Loser–Week 4 Weigh In

I totally forgot to write a blog post last week on this topic.  Maybe it was because the loss that week was minimal, a mere .8 of a pound, but at least it was a loss!

I’ve been walking 5-6 days a week for anywhere from 30 to 90 minutes.  The duration and intensity of the walk depends on who tags along.  The six year olds little legs can’t go as fast or as far as I can alone.   Olivia, who is 8, has appointed herself as my walking buddy.  Most mornings she is up and ready to go before I finish my coffee.  On occasion she’ll say “I think you need to spend some time alone today, so you can walk by yourself.”  Seriously, she said that one day last week and this week.   Although I think an accurate translation is “I’m having fun playing with the puppy so I’m staying here.”

This week I did well with the walking.  My eating wasn’t the best, not that I ate “junk”….but one night we had mashed potatoes pork chops and greasy gravy for dinner.   Yes greasy gravy made from the pan drippings…you know it’s not healthy, but you just can’t say no!

Anyway, despite myself I managed to lose 2 pounds this week!  That puts me at a total of 9.2 pounds lost so far.  I’d really hoped to be further along, but this time I’m taking the slow and steady approach instead of crash and burn.

No comments: