Monday, January 17, 2011

Bible in 90–Week 2

image

First of all, let me just say that for the majority of Leviticus I was thinking “eeeew…yuck…gross!!!” 

Then when I hit Numbers and the numbering of the tribes of Israel, I couldn’t help but think that these were some intense reproducing folks!  My goodness!!  But, they didn’t have as many leisure activities and hobbies as we do, so I guess they had to find something to do!

However, as I read about their disobedience to God in so many areas I started to have thoughts like “How dumb can people be?” or “How could they doubt God after all He had already done?”  etc. etc.

Then that still quite voice reminded me of the times He’s given me a small directions “Don’t eat that.”  “Don’t go there.”   “Don’t say that.”    Of course, in some instances I “ate that”, “went there” and “said that”.   Just like those dumb Israelites.   The difference?  We have the Bible to read and the Holy Spirit to guide us, they didn’t at that time.  So really, who’s the dummy now?

The point?  Well, I guess it’s just that we need mercy and grace just as much as they did…maybe sometimes more!  So maybe, just maybe we need to extend a little mercy and grace to the dummies in our lives, and hope they do the same to us!

3 comments:

Guiding Light said...

Enjoyed your post - thank you! I also am reading B90, and greatly enjoying it!

Kristi said...

well said!!!
Kristi:) Group 16
@MommaKristi

A Homemaker's Heart said...

Hi, I'm stopping by from Group #17 in the B90 Challenge!

May you feel blessed in this week's reading :)