Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful Thoughts

I’ve noticed that on Facebook and other venues, people have been posting their list of things to be thankful for all month. Now that Thanksgiving is over, I observed a noticeable absence of those posts.    

So today, I’ll take time to write about some of the things I’m thankful for.    I truly am thankful for having a Savior,  and knowing that my eternal home awaits.  I’m thankful for a wonderful, Godly husband who goes above and beyond in his role as husband and father.   I’m thankful knowing that both of my children have already asked Jesus into their hearts and that they are growing in a personal relationship with Him. 

I’m blessed beyond measure.  God has truly been good to us.  Some days the pressures of “life” can cloud my thoughts and make me (and you too) forget how many things we have to be grateful for.

This week, we were blessed to be able to spend time together as a family.  We’ve traveled to a few places, which again give me reason to be thankful.  At Monticello, I realized again how blessed we are to live in this nation, to have freedom and to be thankful for our founding fathers.

036

As we toured the Blue Ridge Parkway, I was reminded of how blessed we are to live in a warm house, with clean water to drink and food easily accessible.  

003

As I sat down today to drink a warm cup of ginger peach tea, I was thankful for a growing friendship that God has blessed me with. 

There are so many things to be thankful for.  Not just on the fourth Thursday of November, but in every minute of our lives.       Let’s not take for granted those things, but take time to be thankful.

No comments: