Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Simple Woman’s Daybook – October 26, 2010

For today, October 26, 2010

Outside my window:  It’s a lovely fall day!  The day is a bit cool and overcast.  The wind is blowing the colorful leaves around in swirls or red, orange and yellows.

I am thinking:  I may need to return to the foot doctor for my second shot of cortisone.  My foot has been throbbing terribly today and walking is very uncomfortable.

I am thankful for:  I’m thankful to have a husband who works 50-60 hours a week so that I can be home to raise our kids.

From the learning rooms:   Once again we ventured out of doors for our science lesson this week.  We worked on tree identification and had a lovely time.   You can read all about it at Learning Curve.

001

From the kitchen:  I’m preparing beef stew for the crockpot for tomorrow’s meal.

I’m wearing:  Jeans and a t-shirt, again.   I need to branch out more!

I am reading:  Curriculum catalogs.  I’m already looking at next years choices!

Around the house:  Today was a cleaning frenzy!  I’m a clean freak, I admit it.  Today I cleaned all the ceiling fans, moved all the furniture and cleaned under it, wet mopped all the hardwood and vinyl floors, vacuumed the carpet areas, dusted, scrubbed both bathrooms, pruned the house plants and put up a new shower curtain.   Laundry is next on my agenda!

I am hearing:  My kids are laughing hysterically upstairs over something.  I should probably investigate!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Wednesday is dentist appointments, piano lessons and Awana.   Friday is regular ballet and Saturday is Nutcracker practice.

If you would like to visit other Daybooks, go here.

1 comment:

Jolanthe said...

beef stew sound yummy...and now it must go on my menu plan this next week. :)

need to get together ~ we haven't seen each other in FOREVER!!!!