Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Simple Woman’s Daybook October 19, 2010

 

For Today October 19, 2010

Outside my window... Today was a PERFECT fall day.  The sky was bright blue, temps were in the low 70’s and just the faintest of breezes blowing.

029
I am thinking... I’m thinking about starting another load of laundry.  But it can wait until I’m finished here, right?

I am thankful for... I’m thankful for the Chilean miners who were rescued.

From the learning rooms... Today we took our lessons outside as we combined science, art and nature study.
027
From the kitchen... Today was a dull meal of fish sticks, peas and noodles.  (That’s what happens when I forget to lay out meat to thaw.)

I am wearing...  my standard, jeans and a shirt. 

I am going...
to see my friend Donna in three weeks!

I am reading... Zealous Love, A Guide to Social Justice, by Mike and Danae Yankoski

I am hearing... the hum of the dryer. 

Around the house...
The girls and I worked in the flower beds this afternoon.  We pruned all the dead flowers, weeded and put in some edging around the newest flower garden.

One of my favorite things...TEA!!  It’s therapeutic!
  038
A few plans for the rest of the week: Wednesday is piano lessons and Awana.  Thursday we have Activity Day and 4-H.  Friday is regular ballet and Saturday is Nutcracker practice.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing… There is no greater feeling than to know that people feel welcome when they enter your home.

034If you would like to visit other Daybooks, go here.

No comments: