Monday, April 12, 2010

Random Thoughts

 

We planted a few early veggies in the garden this week.  Lettuces, cabbage, broccoli, onions and peas have all found a home in the warm sun.  I’m very hesitant to plant too much just yet.  We could still get another frost and I hate to waste money on seeds/plants to have the frost get to my produce.   The kids had a blast helping us to plant.  My husband pointed out that it would be a great photo op for the blog…but I wanted to enjoy working with them instead of just taking photos.  So you’ll have to take my word for it that we really did plant things!

My flower beds are bursting with life.  My tulips are beautiful!  Irises are starting to pop open in various places.  I even saw the smallest of blossoms on my bleeding heart plant.

I see signs that my black eyed Susan, bee balm, coreopsis and spiderwort are returning.  There are a few things I can’t identify (ok, there are a LOT of things I can’t identify)…but there are some things that may or may not be a weed, only time will tell.

I have a shade garden by the back bedroom windows.  I planted lots of hostas last year, and they appear to be thriving.   The vinca vines are blooming with tiny purple flowers. 

Baseball is well under way.  Olivia’s team is undefeated thus far.  Lindsey had her first scrimmage tonight.   Lindsey is on a team of 13 kids, all of whom are 4 years old.   It’s challenging to say the least!

It looks like Olivia may need to have her tonsils removed.  After two trips to the pediatrician in 4 days, they’ve made an appointment for her with a ear, nose and throat doctor for the end of the week.  

Work is not working for me.  The job is easy, the hours are not bad, the pay is fair.    However, schoolwork is getting rushed through, my house isn’t clean and my husband can only make so many variations of spaghetti (he’s cooking challenged).  We’re re-evaluating the situation.

I do have photos of some of my flowers.  I’ll try to post them soon.  I just don’t have the time right now to work on it!

Joesette

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Ugh! Sorry to hear that Olivia still might need her tonsils out. If I was on the go as much as you are my house would be a complete disaster area!