Friday, January 15, 2010

Updates on Life

First of all let me say that both of the in-laws are doing great. My mother-in-law was in the hospital for 4 days after her appendix ruptured, but now she's home and doing well. Monday she gets her staples removed. My father-in-law is doing great as well. Lindsey calls him almost daily to check on him, and he gets rather riled up if he misses her call.

Thomas' work has picked up, a LOT. He's working 10 hour days during the week and 8 hours on Saturday and Sunday. He doesn't like working on Sunday, but sometimes you have to do things that you don't like. There are two perks to Sunday work, first he works 2nd shift, so he still gets to go to church with us and second, Sunday is DOUBLE time pay!!

Disability is still denying his claim for when he had the surgery. Seriously, they don't understand why the doctor put him on lifting restrictions for 6 weeks after his hernia repair. Gee, maybe because lifting is what caused the problem in the first place??? I've filed an appeal, complete with a letter from a second physician stating that the restriction was necessary. For those who don't know, my husband works with steel and lifts things that are between 50 and several hundred pounds.

I start a part time job on Monday morning. I'll be doing the bookkeeping for a local music academy. I'll only be working 3 days a week, from 9am until 1pm. The schedule will still allow me to continue to homeschool (just much later in the day), as well as finish up the commitments I have for this academic year.

Once the "school year" is up, I'll reevaluate some of out outside activities and reorganize for the new work schedule. I'm quite certain we'll be dropping co-op like a hot potato. We'll stay with the once a month activity day group. I just need to determine what class I plan to teach for it next year. Since I am working at the music academy, I'd like to enroll Olivia in piano lessons in the fall....but lets get through the next four months before we think about that, shall we?

No comments: