Saturday, April 2, 2011

Bible in 90–It Is Finished

Photobucket

When I said I was doing the Bible in 90 challenge someone asked me “how are you going to digest all of that at once”…and I responded “I’m not” and I didn’t!  But that’s not a bad thing!

For me, signing up for the challenge wasn’t about gleaning something from every scripture (although there was a lot of that too), but it was more about a commitment to spend a certain amount of time in the Word, out of obedience.   Because it’s really easy to let that slip on the never ending things to do list.

During the last 90 days, God has revealed some areas that needed work (I’m not perfect, who knew?).  I had to cut out time spent on other things like computer time, and eating…yes eating.   Instead of obliviously snacking away the late evening hours I spent that time feasting on the Word.   I lost 25 pounds!! 

I don’t think it was coincidence that during this 90 days, our Pastor called the church to a 50 day “fluid fast for families”.   So I’ve been drinking only water for the last 30ish days (eating is normal, just no fluids other than water).  Again, it’s about the obedience.

So the challenge is over, and I’m so glad I did it.   Having the accountability group was a big help.  It would have been nice to have people I know reading along with me…maybe next time!

Speaking of next time, the next Blogging Through the Bible in 90 Days/ Bible in 90 Days session will begin on Monday, July 11. As it gets closer, I will post information on signing up to read.   I HIGHLY recommend it.

In the meantime, be sure to visit the Celebration Link Up and congratulate those who finished the challenge!

3 comments:

Shawntele said...

I didn't 'digest' very much either, but at the same I took in a lot!!

Congratulations on a job well done!

Your fellow Spring '11 grad,
Shawntele

Hope Wilbanks said...

Congrats on finishing!!

Jolanthe said...

YEAH!!!! I know what a huge time commitment it is and completely understand how you realize the things that you can cut out {and should cut out}.