Thursday, December 16, 2010

Potato Candy Recipe

Potato candy is a funny thing.  Either people look at you like you’re nuts and say “eeeeeeeeww”; or they say “I haven’t had that since I was little”.     So far this year I’ve had more of the favorable responses than the “ewww” one.   So here is a recipe for those in both camps.  You can either make it and decide you don’t like it after all, or make it and reminisce about your childhood.

1 small potato
1 tsp. vanilla
1 Tbsp. butter
1 lb. confectioner sugar
peanut butter

 

Peel, boil and mash potato.  Mix in vanilla and butter.  Mix in sugar (using your hands works best).  Mix well.   Place mixture between wax paper and roll it out very thin.  Remove top sheet of wax paper, spread peanut butter on top of mixture.  Roll up like a jelly roll.

Chill and slice in thin slices.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jolanthe said...

I had this post open and Cindy saw it and immediately said ~ I LOVE potato candy.

I suppose now I need to try it, eh?