Friday, February 26, 2010

Remember Me?

Wow, I totally did not realize it's been 2 weeks since I posted here! My bad! So let's see, what has kept me away from my blog?

Work: I started a part time job in January. I only work three days a week, four hours a day. To be honest, I don't have time for a job! Between homeschooling, raising two kids, active in several areas at church and in the homeschooling community and being married, keeping a house and trying to get some sleep, I just really don't have time for employment.

Which brings me to my next thing, I'm looking at what can be purged from my life. I've already resigned from co-op. We'll finish the year, (it ends the 2nd week of May).

I've stopped reviewing books for Zondervon and Bethany House. I kept Thomas Nelson publishing because they allow me to pick the books I want and have time for. I still have a stack of 8 (yes, really) books from Zondervon to review. They sent this pile to me out of the blue, and well...they are still sitting where they landed when I unpacked them.

TOS Homeschool Crew, was a GREAT opportunity; but I'm not doing it again after ths year wraps up. Although it gave me the opportunity to review lots of great (and not so great) products, it took a lot of my time and energy. Not to mention it's pushed my own curriculum to the back burner and we'll be about two months later finishing up the year than I had planned.

I'm looking at other things that may get snipped too. I'm getting to the point where all of the "requirements" and "expectations" that others have put on my life are just getting to be too burdensome. The things that I want to do and enjoy doing are getting squeezed out of my life, and I'm just tired of it to be honest.

So now, at 10:59pm, I'm off to prepare a Sunday school lesson so that I can spend time with my husband and kids on Saturday. Otherwise, they'll spend the day together and I'll miss it...again.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Praying that God will give you clear guidance on what you should purge.