Sunday, January 29, 2017

Keeping It Real

At the beginning of the year, many of the bloggers that I follow put up their reading lists for 2017.   I thought it would be a grand idea to join that band wagon, so I took a photo of the ever growing pile of books on the corner of my desk.

I'm happy to report that I have already read The Ruby Moon, and a great part of The Old Man and the Boy.   The Clarkson books were added after I won a give away from another blog, and while I know the are all the rage in the homeschooling world, I just have not been able to get past the first couple of pages, I'll try harder I guess.   I'm a very fast reader, and can easily plow through this pile in a month, if I can only get the motivation, and if the books grab my attention when I start to read.

I've been reading other books, ones not in the photo.   These are typically books that go with the healing class I teach at church, or read alouds that we enjoy as a family.   Truthfully though, I'm spending most of my free time reading curriculum descriptions and catalogs as I try to piece together next year (grades 7 and 10).   Truthfully, the planning and searching for curriculum is one of my favorite parts of homeschooling.

In other news, ahem, I'm continuing to fight the battle of the bulge.   I find it amazing that I can fight for three or four weeks to lose 3 pounds, only to gain it all back by taking two days off from the gym.  It's discouraging ya'll.   I have lost a total of 34 pounds, since late July, but I should be a lot further along in my journey.   Interestingly enough, my pants are literally falling off of me, but the next size down doesn't fit.   How can this be?  

I'm wearing many hats (as usual).  I'm head of the Healing Ministry and Healing School at church, and am doing a lot of the teaching there.   In addition to homeschooling both girls, I'm teaching two co-op classes this year.   I'm also laying out the plan for next year's co-op, it's going to be a LOT different than this year.   I've been approached about coaching volleyball in the spring league and have yet to make a decision on that.   I still do the bookkeeping for the ballet studio.   While this does bring a bit of income in, it's taking more and more time, and I don't know that I can continue, or that I want to honestly.

Lastly, I'm still reviewing products for grins and giggles.   No, seriously I enjoy doing product reviews. I do the majority of my reviews through the Homeschool Review Crew.    Thankfully this year, they added a lot more blogger/reviewers, so I'm not having to take as many reviews as I had last year, which is making it a lot more enjoyable, and less stressful.

In a nutshell, that's where I am in life right now as far as "things" go.   This doesn't include being a wife, homemaker, mom and all those other one on one relational roles I have.   I'm feeling a bit introspective now, which typically means a change is on it's way.   Time will tell I suppose.





No comments: