Thursday, June 11, 2015

Trash to Treasure–The Chest of Drawers

Olivia has been in need of a dresser for quite some time.  I’ve been keeping my eye out at yard sales and things of that nature to no avail.  Then recently someone on our local FreeCycle group offered up a chest of drawers that “needs a little work”.  

We obviously have varying definitions of the word “little”.  This is what we picked up.   I had already taken the drawers out at this point, but needless to say, they were equally in need of a “little work”.

003

001

I have no clue what the black stain on the top and sides were, but it wasn’t coming off, that’s for sure.

004

Thankfully, my husband has worked in several hand crafted furniture companies over the years (and loves that kind of work), so he pulled a Bob the Builder and said “I can fix it.”   Yes he can!

With some effort and time the piece was sturdy.   With a little effort and some left over paint the piece became pretty and went to live in Olivia’s room.

076

Isn’t it lovely?  And heavy, my gosh is this thing heavy!!   Just one of those “when life gives you lemons, make lemonade” kind of stories.

No comments: