Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Ornament Show and Tell - 2011

Christmas Ornament Show and Tell

Jolanthe at No Ordinary Moments is hostessing the 2011 Christmas Ornament Show and Tell.   I LOVE Christmas ornaments and have a very eclectic tree.   So getting a chance to show off a few is always fun!

This first ornament doesn’t do well in photos…and I can’t figure out how to get my flash to turn off.  This cute little porcelain mouse, is flocked where his fur is, so he feels like velvet.  The color is washed out (and faded in real life), but he’s wearing a blue velveteen gown and cap, and holding a Bible.   The little porcelain feet dangle inside and make a cute little tinkling noise.  My brother Nelson bought this one for me when we were under the age of 10, so yeah, it’s old…ahem.

016

Next is a fancy schmancy ornament I bought for my first tree.   It’s a blown glass basket with little glass roses in it.  Not particularly “Christmassy” I guess, but I just love this one.

017

Last, but certainly not least is this hand carved nativity scene.  It’s carved in real olive wood from the Holy Land.   I picked this one up in a gift shop in an airport somewhere during my travels.  Although the exact location escapes me at the moment.

020

What treasures does your tree hold this year?

3 comments:

Sara @ Embracing Destiny said...

Stopping by from Jolanthe's blog. I love these Christmas ornament stories! Fun!

I'm following your blog now. I'm a homeschooling mom of 3 girls.

http://embracingdestiny.blogspot.com

Jolanthe said...

Glass blown ornaments are so beautiful!! And you are hilarious ~ how old exactly is that ornament?? {cough.cough}

Cynthia Renee' said...

I'm stopping by from Ornament S & H too. My fav is your nativity ornament. I've visited Israel before and I have a little communion cup, a carved donkey and camel all made from real olive wood. Israel is amazing! I wish I could go back. Anyway. I'm a S.A.H.M too! I am brand new to staying home and home schooling and I've just started to blog about my experiences. I'm going to follow your blog! I'm at wackycyndi.blogspot.com.

Have a blessed Christmas!