Monday, August 16, 2010

Little Old Ladies are Evil

Now, before you send me a nasty email, hear me out on this.  Last week I started officially shedding excess poundage.  It was glorious, truly.  To avoid temptation, I was careful to make sure there was no junk food in the house.  I know myself well enough to know if it’s here, I’ll eat it.

Then, the little old ladies entered the picture.  On Wednesday night, my 70+ year old neighbor dropped by….and left a key lime pie cheesecake.   CHEESECAKE!!   Have I mentioned that I LOVE cheesecake?

Then on Saturday we decided to grill some burgers and invited an older female family member (60+) to join us.  Between the time I talked with her and her arrival, she in turn talked to her neighbor (who by the way is late 70’s as well).   The neighbor lady then baked a cherry cobbler AND a Bundt cake pan size pound cake….and sent them both to MY house!   Thankfully, it was a lemon pound cake and I don’t like lemon pound cake, so it’s going to the husbands work tomorrow.  But, CHERRY cobbler???  Come on now, this has got to stop!

Pure evil I tell you!

Sure, you may say to yourself “just don’t eat it”.  My best friend Donna even suggested that I just throw the cheesecake away.   (Donna, you do know there are starving people in Ethiopia and that by eating the cheesecake instead of trashing it, I was in some way helping those Ethiopians, right??)  It’s similar to holding an AA meeting in a brewery after a week of sobriety.   

Anyway, there were some other contributing factors to my weight this week.   The biggest (aside from the cheesecake) was the fact that I finally got a cortisone shot in my foot!  woohoo!  That stuff works fast and the pain is gone!  However, I was told to take it easy for the week, so I didn’t do any exercising.

So the results are in…..drum roll please!   I didn’t gain, or lose.  I held steady at 3lbs. lost thus far.  This week I’m back to walking so next week should be better, right?

Be sure to stop by the Weekly Way In at Eclipsed!

No comments: